Tuesday, March 11, 2008

He's Back! And He's Taking Names

And kicking some serious ass. Way to go, Indiana Jones!

When I saw the trailer for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I immediately thought back to my childhood and teen years when I'd stand in line at the movie theater with my friends for hours in order to watch these movies on opening weekend. This was before theaters had 20 screens to a center! If we lucked out, one of our local Edwards would have it playing on two screens.

What appeals to me the most about this particular movie and franchise is the continuity. Harrison Ford for one (yay!). The same actor plays "Indiana Jones" and he's not afraid to let the character age as he ages. Oh, and hey, Shia LaBeouf is in the movie as well, as "Mutt Williams." That will draw the kids and adults, as I know the members of my family have been enjoying his acting skills since his days on "Even Stevens" (Disney Channel, 2000-2003).

Also, I think it's fantastic that we get to share the continuation of these stories with a new generation without it being almost a completely different set of movies with different actors, like the new Star Wars trilogy. (Yeah, I know it was a prequel, but still. It just wasn't my bag, baby.) From what I understand, this new Indiana Jones movie is supposed to stay true to the first one, Raiders of the Lost Ark, which was my favorite.

Anyway, I can hardly wait until May 22 for this to be released! It'll be a little bit like stepping back twenty years, more or less...At least for a few hours.

Are you looking forward to any movies this summer?

Michele

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer courtesy of Yahoo! Movies.