Monday, June 30, 2008

I've Been off the Continent



But I'm back in the land of sunshine now (and heat waves...ugh).

The 65 degree, somewhat cloudy and drizzly, climate in England suited me perfectly! Fantastic walking weather, especially when we're talking about 5-6 miles a day around London. We stayed in the old hotel turned Ministry of Defense (MoD) building turned hotel: The Grand at Trafalgar Square. And the location truly couldn't be beat--steps from the happening Trafalgar Square in one direction and steps from the scenic Victoria Embankment in the other. Wonderful.

Anyway, I'm just checking in, as I'd planned to post a few blogs from the hotel, but we spent every waking moment out in the city or on a tour; so, now will have to do. :-)

I do need to catch-up on a few things around here, so this is a short post...But, I've posted a few pictures of Picadilly Circus. There's a function on my point-and-shoot camera that allows me to choose a color to isolate when I take photos (e.g. I can focus on just the reds, blues, greens, yellows, ect.) and everything else will be black and white. So, I've experimented throughout the trip with this function and will post some of the photos here. Below are two of my favorites from Picadilly Circus, and obviously, I chose red as my focus (red was my favorite in London: buses, guards, telephone booths). I love the moodiness it lends the scene. This was taken around 9:30 at night.

Hope you all are well and the writing is going smoothly for you! I hope to visit your blogs soon.

Michele

P.S. The camera I use is a Canon PowerShot SD 750 Digital Elph