Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Another Fantastic Author Interview and Contest!

If you haven't been checking out the author interviews over on Shauna Roberts' For Love of Words blog, then may I suggest you hop on over there? Seriously. They're fascinating and informative. And Shauna has pointed me in the direction of several authors I'd never considered before I'd read about them on her site...now I'm definitely curious enough to pick up their novels. Her authors have presented different cultures and settings that I've found particularly intriguing--from the backdrop of the Appalachians to the traditions and beliefs of China.

Recently, I won one of Shauna's contests (thanks again, Shauna!) and had the opportunity to pick a novel from one of the authors she's interviewed. I chose debut author Amy MacKinnon's novel, Tethered.

According to Shauna's interview with MacKinnon, Tethered was a September pick for Borders' Original Voice program. The loner heroine, Clara Marsh, works as an undertaker in Massachusetts and befriends a young girl, Trecie, as she helps the police solve the murder of "Precious Doe."

I haven't had a chance to dive into the book yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I do. Can't wait!

If you get a chance, check out some of Shauna's past interviews.

Today, Shauna has posted a fascinating interview with historical romance and fantasy author Jade Lee. And BONUS... Jade Lee has offered to give away one of her books to someone who leaves a comment (picked randomly, of course) on Shauna's blog. So head on over there and check it out. :-)

Good Luck!

Michele