Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What's on your list?

Okay, so I'm totally late to the "Twilight Saga" party, but I'm here now! I just read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight last Friday, and I've got to tell you...I'm addicted. I honestly don't read a lot of teen books, even paranormal ones; however, Bella and Edward's relationship had me turning the pages until 3:30 in the morning. So, I've ordered the second and third books, New Moon and Eclipse, and will be reading them soon. Very, very soon.

Actually, I first found out about this series through my ::ahem:: "obsession" with the rock band Muse. Many of Meyer's fans commented on various Muse videos about how she listens to the album Absolution (just like me!) when she writes...So, of course, I had to check her out.

I'm so glad I did.

(New Moon cover in sidebar)


And I've been looking forward to the third and fourth books of Christina Dodd's Darkness Chosen series since...when? August? July? Too long! I can't wait!! I love Christina's stories. My friends are probably sick of me saying that...Shoot, Christina is probably sick of me saying that.

Bring on the Wilder family of shape-shifters! These next two in the series will be released in July and August. Oh, and Touch of Darkness, the second book, has been nominated for a RITA. Yay, Christina!





Fellow OCC member, Chris Marie Green, has a new anthology coming out August 5! I'm thrilled about this one, as I love her dark urban fantasy trilogy, Vampire Babylon (Ace). :-)

I'm also looking forward to this anthology because it features Meljean Brook, whom I'm now a fan of after I had read her epic paranormal romance, Demon Angel, a while back. Anyone who gives Milton a nod, gets my vote. And I'm fairly certain I called my little dog "Sir Pup" for a good week, at the very least.



And, of course, Phury's story! I've gotta know what happens next in J.R. Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. No question about that. What's going on with the Lessers? Will there be a huge battle soon? Will questions be answered?! Book 6 of the series comes out June 3rd. Hmm. I think I have enough to hold me over until then...Maybe. (I know writing-wise I have plenty!)



I'm sure I'm missing some, but those will have to be another post.

So, what's on your list? Any genre, non-fiction, music? What?

Michele