Monday, August 04, 2008

Conference and Friends

I'm back from RWA's National Conference in San Francisco and I had such a wonderful time! Not only did I reconnect with friends I only see once or twice a year, but I managed to learn quite a bit about what's current in the business by hitting quite a few of the publishers' spotlights and workshops. Oh, and I returned home with quite a collection of books.

I also hung out with some really good friends whom I do see every month, but it's always fun to meet up with them a couple of times during the day and compare notes, to encourage one another before that certain meeting, or just to laugh.

Maureen Child was really good and already posted a blog about our lunches--photo included! So hop on over to her blog and take a look... I can't help but think I have helmet hair, though, LOL (Jennifer Apodaca, Kate Carlisle, and Maureen look fantastic). :-)


So, right now I'm working on proposal that I'd promised and it's certainly nice to know I still have that post-conference buzz going for me. Especially since I can't drink coffee. Yes, you should feel sad for me. So, so sad. Coffee, how I miss thee. ::sniff::

How's your writing going?

Michele