Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Little Holiday Cheer

So we finally put up our Christmas lights last weekend. What do you think? Not enough?

And the one below it is our neighbor's house. I think they toned it down from last year.


Okay, you caught me. That's Disneyland's Cinderella's Castle and the It's A Small World attraction. It just wouldn't feel like the holidays if we didn't stroll through the park a couple of times during November and December and take in the carolers on Main Street, the lights and decorations all over the park, the "snow" falling along town square, the cold nights when we can finally wear mittens and heavy coats, and the special holiday baked goods and drinks that are sold on every corner. It's a tradition my family and I have had for at least 20 years, if not more.

I also break out the holiday movies: Meet Me in St. Louis, White Christmas, On Moonlight Bay, Love Actually, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and While You Were Sleeping.

I generally watch holiday movies over reading holiday fiction; however, this year, I'm making an exception for the writing goddess Maureen Child's (with Caridad Pineiro) latest Silhouette Nocturne: Holiday With A Vampire. Maureen's story is "Christmas Cravings," and combines two of my favorite things: the holidays and paranormal romance! Yay! Can't wait to read it. :-)

What about you? Do you prefer movies or books to help you get in the spirit? Or neither one--maybe music? Do you have any traditions, like returning to a certain place year after year?

Hope you're all doing well!

Michele