Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Oh, Jane and Mr. Rochester...Sigh


Okay, this is my new favorite movie! Have you seen the 2006 PBS version of "Jane Eyre"? If you have...Why didn't you remind me to watch it sooner?! LOL

And for those of you who reminded me at dinner last month...Thank you! I can't believe it has taken me this long to see this movie. Sheesh.

As I hadn't been able to catch a replay of it on TV, I finally broke down and ordered it from Amazon a few weeks ago. And now that I've finally seen it, I'm just going to come out and say it...This version of "Jane Eyre" is up there with the 1996 A&E version of "Pride and Prejudice" (Colin!)...Is that sacrilege? I have a feeling it's not going to be leaving my DVD player for a while. It's definitely one of those movies I can play in the background while I write or work on the computer. There really aren't too many movies with which I can do that, as I tend to get distracted quite easily by bright lights and loud noises. ;-)

So have any of you seen this PBS version of "Jane Eyre" ? Do you ever get obsessive like this with movies, too? Or is it just me?

Michele