Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I Believe I Can Fly

This summer, I realized I can fly. Do you ever have one of those moments when you think, You know what? I can do this. That happened to me.

With the help of some awesome OCC friends, I plotted out one of my paranormals and now know exactly where I'm going with that one (I'm so excited about this story and hope to be finished by the end of the year!!). And I have outlines for the next two in the trilogy, which I'll write as proposals.

I also have two more stories that need a bit of revising and polishing, and then they're ready to go. And three more ideas completely outlined and ready to be written as proposals.

If I set my goals, focus, and work my butt off to reach those goals...Then I'm going to experience lift-off, my friends. I'm ready!

I'm so fortunate to be able to surround myself with people who set goals and reach them, as it's such a motivator as well. Those friends truly, truly inspire me (not to mention give me a swift kick in the arse when I need it!). I'd be lost without them and feel I owe them so much for their generosity and guidance.

And as difficult as it is for a writer to become a published author, it's reassuring to look around and see so many friends who are published. Of course, if you want to be successful and fly, you have to work hard, you have to have the talent, the perseverance, and plain ole good luck to help you along.

Oh, and speaking of flying, talent, perseverance, and hard work, we went to the U.S. Women's Soccer (gold jerseys) match against Finland (blue jerseys). It was the last game in the U.S. before they left for China to contend for the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup. This team is ranked #1 in the world, and some of the players are wives and mothers...a few are as old as I am! (gasp). These women inspire me.

Watching this video makes me think I should probably join a gym or at least get off this chair and go out for a walk, or something. ;-)



USA VS. FINLAND from ericcwiertny and Vimeo.

The video was shot with our older point and shoot Sony Cybershot DSC-T33 and the still photos were shot by our Nikon D70.

Music: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes covering "I Believe I Can Fly"

So what do you believe you can do?

Michele

P.S. 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup opener, USA vs North Korea, begins September 11th. Go USA! :-)