Friday, January 27, 2006

Something New



One of my resolutions this year is to try something new each week that will help me grow as a writer.

So far I have:
1. A personal blog where I write at least two entries a week on writing
2. A website, which is being designed right now and should be up and running within the next few weeks. I can’t wait for you see it. I’m so excited!!
3. Be a Golden Heart judge. Done.
4. Join the best critique group around (G). And no, you guys, I wasn’t stalking you, or anything…I just loved having you as friends. Being in the critique group with you is just an added bonus.

Okay, so these are just what I wanted to do in January. Mission accomplished! What got me thinking about these ideas were all the new things I’ve tried and loved in the past three months, such as joining the Board of Directors of OCC/RWA and helping to revamp the newsletter, ORANGE BLOSSOM, to reflect a magazine format. All of this helped me kick-start my brain again (well, that and eating blueberries) and caused me to look for new ways to treat my writing as a profession.

Of course, I have other personal resolutions, such as to be in the best shape of my life in 2006. Ahem. I know THAT'S not going to happen when even as I write this the spinach dip in the refrigerator is calling my name. And it's only 8:30 in the morning. Oh, man...must...stay...strong.

I'll stick with my writing goals and maybe the rest will follow. :-)

So, what’s new with you? Tell me some of the new things that you’ve tried as a writer.